Game Changers for Selling Door-to-Door During Quarantine
We all know the world of sales has changed since COVID-19 hit. Despite this, many of us have decided to fight back against this pandemic and keep adapting to overcome our current situation. Here are 3 more essential things you need to address if you’re going to improve your ability to sell despite these uncertain times.
Optimism Promotes Optimism
This is a hard time to focus on the bright side of things. But happiness is contagious. So when you’re doing things to promote optimism in your life, then you’re actually helping out those around you as well. Here’s a few ways that you can work towards having optimism in your life.
- Create a positive mental attitude immediately. Before speaking with any customers or trying to work, make sure your positive mental state is with you.
- Aim towards a positive goal everyday. Make one achievable sales goal each day that would make you happy.
- Accentuate positivity by ignoring your negativity. We all have negative thoughts, but that doesn’t mean those have to take over.
- Have a sense of humor during your worst days. When you have a rude customer, or someone slams their door in your face, learn to laugh to yourself and move onto the next door.
- When things don’t go your way, learn from it and move on. In other words, don’t dwell on one negative experience.
These are a few of the things you should consider working on before you try to put on a smile for your customers. These positive habits will not only help you sell through quarantine, but can also help boost your future sales.
Evaluate your Buyers Journey
Practice extreme empathy by putting yourself in your buyer’s shoes. In times of uncertainty, purchases need to be made easier and more efficiently.
Your clients are at home, too. Imagine being a buyer — at home, able to just walk down the hallway and build consensus for a purchase. Use this time to examine your process from the buyer’s perspective. Learn to embrace transparency by giving the buyer both the pros and cons of buying from you.
When you demonstrate empathy and emotional intelligence, you’re more likely to build trust with a prospect. This is one of the most important things to be able to do if you’re going to be successful in the field.
Don’t Stop Selling!
Companies have started to realize that they can still go door-to-door even during quarantine. If you still need some convincing, check out this video from the D2D Experts, featuring Sam Taggart. They talk about the ways to sell while following the social distancing rules, keeping everyone safe.
What are you waiting for?
Try out these tips today! You’ll be amazed at the difference being positive, making things easier for your buyer, and always selling will make for your company. These are essential traits that every rep and company needs to evaluate to overcome the turmoil of selling during COVID-19.