Sell smarter in 2021 with these 8 surprising sales statistics
With the opportunity of the new year upon us, there are a lot of important statistics that can make your life as a sales rep easier and more productive. While these are not the only sales statistics out there and some may be more important to you than others, they will all help inspire or direct you to improve in some way. Check out these 8 stats now to sell smarter this year.
The 8 Sales Stats
- The best time to email prospects is between 8:00 A.M. and 3:00 P.M.
- 75% of online buyers want to receive between 2-4 phone calls before a company gives up; 12% would like a company to try as many times as it takes to get a hold of them.
- Gong.io analyzed over 100,000 connected outreach calls and found successful salespeople talk for 54% of the call, while unsuccessful salespeople spent only 42% of their time speaking.
- 63% of Sales Leaders believe that virtual meetings are just as or more effective than in-person meetings.
- If you call a lead in the first 5 minutes after they’ve submitted a web form, they’re 100x more likely to get on the phone.
- 74% of buyers chose the company that was the first to add value.
- About 47% of top performers ask for referrals consistently, versus only 26% of non-top performers. Additionally, 92% of consumers trust referrals from people they know.
- Here are the top ways to create a positive sales experience, according to buyers: listen to their needs (69%), don’t be pushy (61%), provide relevant information (61%), and respond in a timely manner (51%).